Pup.optional.defaulttab virus is a new Trojan horse that can infect Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. Hackers take advantage of a variety of stealthy ways to distribute Pup.optional.defaulttab virus, such as corrupt websites, P2P network, freeware installation packages and spam e-mail attachments. When you execute the activation file, Pup.optional.defaulttab will sneak into your system through the security loopholes.
Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus can cause a lot of trouble, if not removed from your computer. It slows down the performance of yoru computer,which will waste you a lot of time. It will trace your computer resource and online history to steal your valuable information aggressively. The Trojan also drops many harmful codes to the affected computer, and the codes can be malware and spyware. For these reasons,Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus should be uninstalled from your computer as soon as possilbe.
The problem is that Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus is very difficult to remove because it has the ability to change and hide its position on the computer. When you are trying to use the anti-virus tool to stop Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus, you just find that many of its functions are blocked terribly by the Trojan.
Manual Removal of Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus
No matter how you picked it up, once you’ve got it, Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus removal becomes top priority. To really uninstall Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus, you’ll have to resort to the following steps:
· Get rid of all the files associated with Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus, especially those.exe files.
· Find the.dll files that it uses and delete them as well.
· Purge your system of any.lnk files associated with Hard Drive Diagnostic.
· Go to your system registry and clear it of every registry entry that Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus has infected.
Note that the manual removal is a complicated and risky process, so please back up all important data before making any changes on your computer.
Step 1. Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt +Del keys at the one time or righting click on bottom Task Bar and selecting Start Task Manager. Click the Processes tap and browser to the process related to [Pup.optional.defaulttab] and disable it.
Step 2. Go to Folder Options from Control Panel. Under View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended), and then click OK. Remember to back up beforehand.
Step 3. Remove files infected by the Trojan.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\~r
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\~dll
Step 4. Remove registry entries associated with Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus virus
a. Press Windows+ R keys to open the Run command box
b. Type “regedit” in the Run command box to open the Registry Editor.
c. Delete registry entries associated with the Trojan from your PC completely as below:
Step 5. Reboot the computer, when the above steps are done.
Automatic Way to Uninstall Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus
The manual approach cannot guarantee a safe uninstall of Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus because users who have no clued about registry editor may delete a registry by mistake and this “tiny” mistake may lead to crucial system files corruption, system freezes and Blue Screen of Death errors. To safely get rid of the Trojan from your computer we highly recommend you to use Mighty Uninstaller. This utility can ensure a hassle-free removal of the Trojan and you can also use it to handle the unwanted programs on your computer.
- Tips for Australian Communications and Media Authority Virus (ACMA Virus) Removal
- How to Remove Tika-search.com Redirect Virus Easily
- How do I get rid of fantastigames.metacrawler.com redirect virus?
- How to Kill Win32/Banload.BOO Trojan Virus?
- Remove“Attention! Online Agent has blocked your computer for security reason" Virus
- Being confronted with problems caused by sftwred.com redirect virus? Here is the solution.
- Win32.ZAccess.m Virus Removal-Tips for Win32.ZAccess.m Virus Manual Removal
- JumpFlip Adware Removal - How to Remove JumpFlip From Your Computer?
- Remove An Garda Síochána Ukash Ransomware Virus