Over the last few years, there have been countless ransomware viruses created by cybercriminals to cheat user’s money. The latest form of cybercrime that proliferates on the web is website blocking virus. This kind of virus is designed to sit in between your computer and your Internet connection and make web surfing and research difficult, if not outright impossible. “This website has been blocked for you!” virus is one of these viruses. If the virus slips into your computer, you will get an alert like this:
“This website has been blocked for you!
Steps to access this website again:
1. Click unlock button below
2. Pick survey to verify that you are human
3. Complete survey
4. Continue using this website
This website has been blocked because of your recent activity. Your actions have been marked as spam bot like, to visit this website again follow instructions on the left. This is made for security reasons. Please take your time to go through the certification process to restore your access to blocked websites, thank you for your time!”
If you click the unblock button, then you will be asked to pay a fine of 100 dollars to get access to the website. However, you won’t get access to the website by paying the fine and the virus will cause a lot of problems to your computer:
– Adds malicious PW.exe file on to your computer with the intention to damage the PC completely
– Makes use of various tactics to convince users to buy its full licensed version
– Blocks legitimate files and executables present on the system
Therefore, it is necessary to get rid of this website blocking virus as quickly as possible. But how can you remove it from your PC.
3. Delete associated files from your PC completely as follows:
4. Search for all related registry entries infected by this ransomware virus and wipe them out:
5. Reboot the computer to normal mode when the above steps are done.
Removing fake antivirus software manually means you have to access your PC’s registry editor and other complex parts of the system. Unless you know exactly what you’re doing, don’t make yourself another mess! We recommend you to use Mighty Uninstaller. It serves to remove additional applications, rogue programs and ransamware. It is a more reliable option and it can help to make your computer work faster as well.
Tips to Prevent Ransomware/ Website Blocking Viruses Infection
To avoid falling victim to ransomware again, you should keep the following tips in mind:
1. Do not open email or attachments from unknown sources.
2. Do not follow links to unknown sites.
3. Do not download games, files, or software from unknown sources.
4. Install antivirus and anti spyware software and update it daily.
5. Install a firewall and popup blocker and keep them turned on.
6. Make sure all browsers and system software is updated regularly.
7. Back up all system files and computer files on a separate machine, online, or on disk, so that the hard drive can be wiped if necessary without sacrificing important files or programs.
- A Cyber Fraud - Win 7 Defender Plus 2013 Scareware
- How to Remove Safesear.ch Redirect Virus From PC
- How to kill www2.beinhome.com browser hijacker?
- How to Resolve Websearch.greatresults.info Redirect Issue?
- How Can You Completely Remove PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A From Your PC?
- How to Stop Trojan Fareit Virus
- How to Remove Searchpage.com Browser Hijacker- Searchpage.com Browser Hijacker Removal
- How to Remove PUP.Optional.Freemium.A? - Removal Guide
- How To Wipe Out Win 7 Internet Security Pro 2013 Rogue Program?